Most Common Tax Filing Mistakes

1. Forgetting a W-2 or 1099 – The IRS matches these forms to your tax return.  If you do not report them properly, you will get an IRS notice in the mail asking for clarification.

2. Duplicate Dependent Reporting – If more than one tax return claims the same person as a dependent, the second return will be rejected.  It is your responsiblity to get a release form from the other spouse if you wish to claim the dependent.

3. Forgetting a Name Change – If you fail to change your anme with social security after marriage and you file a tax return with your new last name, be prepared for the tax return to be rejected.

4.Missing Information – Make sure that you include all 1099s and W2s when reporting to the IRS.

Other Sevrices