Health Care Reform
Here is a list of the major components of Health Care Reform that are now law and those that will be shortly:
- 10% excise tax on indoor UV tanning services: July 1, 2010
- Health care coverage expansion to children under the age of 27: March 30, 2010
- Medicare Part D Coverage Gap $250 rebate
- Samll Business Health care tax credit
- Elimination of over-the-counter medicines as a reimbursible expense from Flexible Spending Accounts or other health reimbursement arrangemetns like HSAs without a prescription.
- Optional employer reporting of the cost of employer-provided health insurance coverage on employees W-2s
- Repeal of additional 1099 informational reporting, but increasing the penalties for late filing 0f 1099s.
- Establishing the Correct Business Entity in DC
- Bookkeeping Tips for Startups
- Advantages of Conducting Business in Maryland
- Advantages of Conducting Business in Washington DC
- Advantages of Conducting Business in Virginia
- Recommended Software for Bookkeeping
- Surviving an IRS Audit in Maryland
- Cost of Incorporating in Delaware rather than the Washington metropolitan area.
- Small Business Retirement Plans
- Home Office Deduction for Corporate Owner